Contact: Fiona Chin
Mobile Phone: +6010 792 9888
Email: [email protected]
Date: November 4th, 2019
IGL Coatings have taken the stage at the third-annual Unreasonable Impact World Forum in London last week on 7 November, at the Royal Institution of Great Britain. Unreasonable Impact is the innovative multi-year partnership co-founded by Barclays and Unreasonable Group to provide transformative support to growth-stage ventures.
This year, Unreasonable Impact is providing a global stage for more than 25 entrepreneurs, including IGL Coatings founder Keong Chun Chieh, who are running ventures that are solving some of the most pressing challenges of our time, all while creating the jobs of tomorrow. They represent the future leaders of industry across four key themes: energy; food, water and agriculture; sustainable living; and supply chains.
IGL Coatings joined the global network upon participating in the Unreasonable Impact Asia Pacific 2019 programme. Since 2016, 124 ventures have been part of Unreasonable Impact; collectively they have raised over $2bn USD in funding, reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 28.8 million tonnes, created more than 20,000 net new jobs, and are positively impacting the lives of more than 187 million people globally.
On the day, Keong shared their inspirational story and the impact of their business to hundreds of attendees, who also attended the keynote speech from the Rt. Hon. Sir Stephen O’Brien KBE, British diplomat and former United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator.
Daniel Epstein, founder and CEO of Unreasonable Group, explains, “Since launching Unreasonable Impact in 2016, we have supported some of the world’s most trailblazing, impactful ventures to scale faster and create thousands of new jobs. This year’s Unreasonable Impact World Forum marks another significant milestone in this partnership, and it offers an unparalleled opportunity to hear stories from courageous leaders who operate on the front lines every day to rewrite the status quo and bend history in the right direction.”
Joe McGrath, Global Head of Banking, Barclays, says, “Unreasonable Impact is an important strategic extension to how the bank supports corporates and entrepreneurs to target and solve the world’s greatest challenges. We hope that, by providing access to network and expertise, we are able to accelerate sustainable innovation and simultaneously facilitate job creation across the spectrum of sectors through our partnership.”
Are you ready for the 3rd annual #UnreasonableImpact World Forum event? We're one week away from another fast-paced, inspiring event where we'll hear from world-class companies tackling today's most pressing challenges. Good news – you can have a front-row seat to the conversation! We'll be streaming the event here via Facebook LIVE. Coming your way on November 7th 1:00pm (GMT) / 6:00am (MST). Click "Get Reminder" to tune in!
Posted by Unreasonable on Thursday, November 7, 2019
Companies participating in the 2019 Unreasonable Impact World Forum include:
Future of Energy
- ZincFive: Delivering nickel-zinc based energy storage and delivery solutions for mission critical industries.
- Qnergy: Providing renewable, reliable, resilient power through free-piston Stirling Engine technology.
- Hydrostor: Providing grid-scale electricity storage by storing renewable energy as compressed air.
- Iceotope: Delivering innovative liquid cooling technology for data center and edge computing, saving the IT industry energy, space, and money.
- Neutral Fuels: Making environmental sustainability a commercial proposition by converting used cooking oils into biofuel at scale.
Future of Manufacturing and Supply Chains
- The Waste Transformers: Revolutionising the way our planet deals with organic waste through on-site decentralised energy and nutrient hubs for hotels, harbors, shopping malls, and more.
- Evercomm: Helping enterprises transition towards zero-emission operation through Energy AI.
- Svante: Building the carbon dioxide marketplace via breakthrough carbon capture technology.
- ideaForge: Manufacturing best-in-class UAVs for defense, security, and industrial applications.
- Evrnu: Recycling cotton garment waste to create premium, renewable fiber for the creation of new clothing.
Future of Food, Water and Agriculture
- Kuli Kuli: Improving nutrition and farmer income through delicious moringa superfood products.
- Claro Energy: Revolutionising the social and economic fabric of rural India through solar pumping technology.
- S4S Technologies: Creating a sustainable supply of processed food products using solar powered dehydrators.
- CROWDE: Empowering farmers to become Agropreneurs with a cashless agricultural capital platform.
- EM3 AgriServices: Helping small-scale farmers keep up with globalization through farm mechanization and technology services.
- Jasberry: Bringing farmers out of poverty by sharing Thailand’s healthiest natural and organic products with the rest of the world.
- Lawrencedale Agro Processing: Bringing safe and hygienic fresh fruits and vegetables to the marketplace by empowering all shareholders in the agricultural value chain.
- Marvelous Foods: Expanding consumer interest in plant-based food options with China’s first dairy-free coconut yogurt.
- Entocycle: Developing the world’s most efficient and sustainable way to produce protein — with insects.
- String Bio: Leveraging biotechnology to convert methane to everyday products, including feed and food
Future of Sustainable Living
- IGL Coatings: Formulating and manufacturing eco-friendly and sustainable high-performance coatings for industrial and consumer applications.
- Vital Vio: Reinventing disinfection to safely and continuously kill germs, mold, and fungi with the flip of a light switch through advanced LED technology.
- Astraea: Building the world’s most advanced machine learning platform for Earth-observing satellite data and geospatial information.
- Globechain: Creating the world’s largest reuse marketplace that connects corporates to charities and people to redistribute unwanted items.
- Cleverciti Systems: Developing comprehensive, high-tech solutions for on-street and open air parking detection, monitoring, and guidance to reduce search traffic and carbon dioxide emissions.
- OriCiro: Creating a better bioeconomy with innovative genome technologies.
- Ecoware: Creating 100 percent biodegradable, eco-friendly, and compostable-certified food packaging and garbage bags.
About IGL Coatings
Founded in 2015, IGL Coatings became Malaysia’s first Nanoverify Tech-Firm developing low and zero VOC high solid coatings which have expanded to over 40 countries in the industries of automotive, marine, aviation and industrial. Other product ranges manufactured by the company includes ceramic coatings, cleaning and maintenance products for various interior and exterior surfaces such as paint, glass, metals, plastics, and fabrics.
About Unreasonable Impact, created with Barclays
Unreasonable Impact is an innovative multi-year partnership between Barclays and Unreasonable Group to launch the world’s first international network of accelerators focused on scaling up entrepreneurial solutions that will help employ thousands worldwide in the emerging green economy. Since 2016, Unreasonable Impact has hosted programs each year in three distinct markets: the Americas, UK and Europe, and Asia Pacific. To date, the more than 100 ventures that comprise the global cohort operate in more than 180 countries, have raised over $2.1bn USD in funding, have generated over $2bn USD in revenue, and have created more than 20,000 net new jobs since joining Unreasonable Impact. For more information, please visit www.unreasonableimpact.com.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 83,500 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. For further information about Barclays, please visit www.home.barclays.
About Unreasonable Group
Unreasonable’s mission is to drive resources to and break down barriers for entrepreneurs solving key global challenges (i.e. ensuring renewable energy reaches the 1.3 billion people currently without electricity, reimagining the future of healthcare, or addressing the global unemployment crisis). Through running worldwide accelerator programmes, a globally oriented private equity fund, an extensive network of over 300 serial business leaders as mentors, and advanced storytelling and media activities, Unreasonable is designed to exclusively support entrepreneurs positioned to solve society’s toughest problems. For more information about Unreasonable, please visit www.unreasonablegroup.com.